Marcus joined Hentys Lawyers’ Employment/WorkCover/Workplace Health and Safety team in 2018 and was admitted to practice in 2019.
Marcus has gained valuable experience in the Aged Care, Banking and Financial Services industries. He has built a vast knowledge of employment law and provides advice across all stages of employment matters.
Marcus has experience in:
- working with clients to assess return to work capacity issues via Functional Capacity Evaluations and medical assessments;
- advising clients on issues arising in connection with ill and injured workers, including mental health in the workplace;
- assisting clients to understand their obligations under the relevant Health and Safety laws;
- representing clients in workplace investigations involving discrimination, harassment and bullying allegations and compliance with anti-discrimination laws;
- advising clients on unfair dismissal and adverse action applications;
- advising clients on defence strategy following Serious Injury Application claims for damages at common law; and
- WorkCover Industry Classification and premium reviews.
Marcus has a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting).